U.S. Inspection & NDT, LLC takes great responsibility in protecting our employees’ health, safety & environment. Nothing is more important than the lives and health of our employees and our customers.
U.S. Inspection & NDT, LLC believes the safety and well-being of our employees, and customers is integral to the success of our company. This fundamental premise holds true, not only while we are working, but also through our personal lives. That’s why we refer to our safety culture as 24/7 – it never takes a break or gets time off.
Safety 24/7 is not just a priority, but rather a core value that never gets bumped down on the priority list. Our health, safety & environmental goals and objectives are set by ownership and then executed by our safety team’s lead, our National Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
Every USINDT employee from the owner to the field worker is empowered to call a “time-out” if they reasonably believe they have been asked to perform a task that is unsafe. It’s not worth doing if it can’t be done safely. Our safety philosophy is connected to our caring concern of the health and well being of our people, with total involvement and professionalism of our management team, our highly skilled workforce, and our valued customers we serve every day.
USINDT’s health, safety & environmental philosophy is simple and straight-forward:
- All accidents and environmental incidents can be prevented.
- All employees are empowered to stop work when unsafe conditions warrant.
- Working safely is a condition of employment. Recognizing that EHS is everybody’s direct responsibility.
- All employees are trained to be responsible for the safety of their own actions in order to protect themselves, their team members and others, and are held accountable for their actions.
- Intervention to prevent unsafe behavior is everyone’s responsibility.
- Accident prevention is essential to maintain efficient company operations.
- Continuous improvement of USINDT’s HS&E performance through employee participation is mandatory.
What Makes USINDT Different: To achieve our goal of zero injuries and accidents 24/7.
Safety is our top priority in every aspect. Our goal is to provide an accident and incident-free work environment. Our managers and supervisors are accountable for the safety of our people and are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all personnel conducting its business activities, in a manner that protects the environment, prevention of accidents and compliance of applicable legal and other requirements, and ensuring that all employees have safe working equipment, required personal protection and training for their tasks.
We apply the principle of getting it right the first time, every time, to every project phase, ensuring that safety is at the core of our processes and steps are executed efficiently to reduce safety and health risk, minimize our environmental impact, and maximize efficiency.
USINDT develops and maintain a Site-Specific Safety Action Plan for each project that includes:
- Breaking down project requirements into tasks and steps, identifying potential hazards, and determining proper accountability and controls ahead of project execution.
- Requires 100% drug testing of field employees on every project with scheduled random testing.
- Participates in on-site specific training of all field employees.
- Practices behavioral based safety mentality with employees.
- Coordinates with all subcontractors to ensure hire-in orientations and efficient project planning and executions.
At USINDT we value the safety and health of our employees and our customers above all other concerns.